We rotate through a new project every six weeks (or so)! Our list thus far:
- “Life in our moment”: Take approximately 4-6 photos of different hours of the day, 8am – 11am – 1pm – 5pm – 11pm, so we can see the progression of time as we are living it. It doesn’t need to be on the same day but a ‘day’ is what is to be perceived. (Inspired by The Hours)
- “Self Portrait“: Always a strong, amazing project, and one of the most difficult. Lets get to know each other and show our audience a bit about us! This can be any way that you choose to represent yourself, it does not actually have to be of your physical self. Think about who you are and what represents you, and how that can be presented visually.
- “Someone Else’s Story“: Tell the story of another being. Illustrate how a story can be told in media and present a place that may not truly reflect yourself. This project counter-parts our previous project, a development of our work.
- “From a Child’s point of view“: Children often visualize the world around them in stark differences to what we normally see. Present your work in a manner that epitomizes the life of a child.
- “The Unsocial Life“: Take pride in the moments you spend away from others, and portray this in a photo series.
- “Cross-media Interpretation“: Portray another medium of art in your work, whether it be music, painting, or the written word.
We have now introduced some “Technical Prompts” in to our work, and these include:
- Film Photography